We’re delighted to announce the launch of our second BMC Ecology and Evolution picture competitors! Submit your photos and the tales behind them for an opportunity to spotlight your analysis, win prizes, and have your images featured within the journal.
Its predecessor, the BMC Ecology Picture competitors, ran for a profitable seven years, attracting substantial consideration from ecologists and the broader public. Previous successful photos have featured in worldwide media retailers akin to The Guardian, IFL Science, Scientific American and the BBC.
The picture competitors offers a incredible alternative to showcase analysis and the fantastic thing about nature to a broad viewers. Anybody affiliated with a analysis establishment is eligible to enter as much as one picture to every of the next 4 classes:
- Analysis in motion. Photos that showcase ecological or environmental biology analysis or seize experiences of conducting research and amassing knowledge.
- Relationships in nature. Images depicting symbiosis, together with parasitism, plant-fungi relationships, plant-pollinator interactions, mimicry, mutualism, commensalism, cleansing symbiosis, and co-evolutionary relationships.
- Biodiversity underneath risk. Images depicting threats or efforts to preserve biodiversity.
- Life shut up. Images displaying biology that’s not usually seen utilizing close-up or macro images.
Judging and prizes
Judging the competitors shall be members of the BMC Ecology and Evolution editorial board, together with Jenny Harman, the Editor of the journal. The journal will award the general winner €800, and the winner for every of the 4 classes will obtain €200. The journal can even award €50 to the runner up for every class.
The way to submit your photos and the tales behind them:
Please e mail your photos to the Editor, Jenny Harman, at [email protected] with the topic line “BMC Ecology and Evolution Picture Competitors” and embody the next :
- Your identify:
- Contact particulars of Analysis Institute:
- Twitter deal with (non-obligatory):
- Picture identify:
- Description (Max. 250 phrases):
- File kind:
- Knowledge attribution (if relevant):
- I conform to launch this picture underneath a Inventive Commons License: Y/N
Please connect your picture entry to your e mail. All photos should conform to the next standards:
- A minimal 300dpi (1831 x 1831 pixels for a raster picture).
- In one of many acceptable codecs – EPS, PDF (for line drawings), PNG, TIFF, JPEG, BMP, DOC, PPT [Please note that it is the responsibility of the author(s) to obtain permission from the copyright holder to reproduce figures or tables that have previously been published elsewhere.]
Consistent with our insurance policies on open entry, entry to the competitors implies releasing the pictures underneath a artistic commons license to permit file sharing with correct attribution.
Submit your photos now!
We’ll be posting common updates on the competitors within the coming months, so don’t neglect to maintain updated by studying our weblog or by following us on Twitter @BMC_series
The cut-off date for entries is the first July 2022, with winners introduced in August 2022.