As a part of yesterday’s announcement of a brand new Canadian Earth Remark (EO) technique, the Canadian Area Company (CSA) introduced it had funded 21 corporations for its smartEarth initiative.
The CSA smartEarth program is concentrated on growing Earth commentary functions utilizing information from satellites to seek out “options to key challenges on Earth and in our on a regular basis lives.”
When it launched the AO, the CSA said it had allotted $8 million in non-repayable contributions for an estimated 20-30 initiatives. The initiatives would obtain between $150k – $500k and would carry out the work between 24-26 months.
The funded initiatives are:
- 3v Geomatics Inc., Vancouver, British Columbia ($400,000) – Create an automatic information processing pipeline and supply entry to this information by an online visualization platform that can be utilized for monitoring infrastructure extending throughout hundreds of kilometres, whereas nonetheless highlighting displacement areas as small as tens of metres.
- A.U.G. Alerts Ltd., Toronto, Ontario ($499,969.40) – Develop a know-how that may present a dependable estimation of snow water equal for monitoring and forecasting of potential snowmelt flood occasions by using RADARSAT Constellation Mission information.
- AIRM Consulting Ltd., Winnipeg, Manitoba ($400,000) – Develop an revolutionary AI-driven gadget that integrates multi-spectral sensors and floor information resulting in novel quantitative information and improved crop monitoring, protein administration, choice assist, and insurance coverage functions, overcoming technological hurdles pertaining to price, scale/vary, picture high quality, computational depth and seamless interoperability.
- C-CORE, St. John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador ($400,000) – Develop the world’s first high-resolution offshore platform Greenhouse Fuel (GHG) emissions monitoring from satellites. This challenge will advance offshore emissions monitoring to an utility resolution prepared for operational implementation.
- CubeWerx Inc., Gatineau, Quebec ($400,000) – Develop a platform with an improved information entry and value permitting worth adders of EO options to supply their functions as a service to customers of the platform.
- Deploy Software program Options Inc., Ottawa, Ontario ($331,899.87) – Mix completely different observational approaches in a brand new methodology of environmental and catastrophe evaluation utilizing SBEO strategies and imagery. This may assist shut a vital communication hole and permit scientists and authorities officers to enlist residents to validate and improve the satellite tv for pc picture processing algorithms immediately and in close to actual time, to find out the “floor reality.”
- EarthDaily Analytics Corp., Vancouver, British Columbia ($499,999.30) – Check the power to make use of Area-based Earth Remark (SBEO) information to quantify each the quantity of phosphorus phytoextracted and carbon sequestered for a set of assorted discipline trials carried out by companions within the Lake Winnipeg basin.
- Geosapiens Inc., Quebec Metropolis, Quebec ($298,514.23) – Enhance data and administration of flood dangers by an enhanced E-NUNDATION resolution by permitting choice makers to have a world and up-to-date imaginative and prescient of the chance and permitting insurers to higher assess the dangers of their shoppers. This may contribute to make sure the security of residents and enhance their resilience to this pure hazard, significantly within the context of local weather change.
- GHGSat Inc., Montreal, Quebec ($400,000) – Develop an revolutionary functionality for validated dynamic three-dimensional greenhouse fuel emissions estimation on a world scale utilizing information from GHGSat satellites and third-party satellites.
- HabitatSeven Inc., Ottawa, Ontario ($429,335) – Develop a software program framework that can be utilized by quite a lot of stakeholders (agriculture, finance, authorities and others) to develop, visualize, and combine historic and operational evapotranspiration estimates.
- Kepler Area Inc., Ottawa, Ontario ($500,000) – Present streamlined methodology and information to generate product for wide-area monitoring of floor deformation over the complete Quebec Metropolis–Windsor transportation hall in addition to the Hudson Bay Railway in northern Manitoba, and validate such information to be used in railway and bridge infrastructure monitoring techniques.
- Kongsberg Geospatial Ltd., Ottawa, Ontario ($221,293.39) – Merge the airborne monitor image with the maritime monitor image (Computerized Identification System) built-in with geospatial choice assist instruments offering speedy situational consciousness accessible wherever on the earth by way of space-based Web entry. This near-real-time image of car actions, mixed with real-time climate and geospatial information will enable commanders to make knowledgeable choices, wherever, anytime, wherever deployed around the globe.
- KorrAI Applied sciences Ltd., Halifax, Nova Scotia ($150,000) – Present near-real-time, dynamic floor deformation monitoring and commercialize the petabytes of over 20 years’ value of historic radar information collected from the earlier RADARSAT-1 mission, in addition to ongoing information collected by the RCM mission.
- Liquid Geomatics Ltd., Ottawa, Ontario (292,875) – Flip a prototype satellite-derived bathymetry into an operational product to map and detect shallow water from accessible satellite tv for pc imagery, to assist keep away from accidents, environmental injury, rescue and salvage prices, and lack of life.
- Lux Aerobot Inc., Alma, Quebec (351,247) – Develop a platform-agnostic wildfire administration system, in collaboration with INO and utilizing necessities from SOPFEU and Pure Assets Canada, to perform near-real-time processing to offer a high-resolution thermal mapping of energetic wildfires inside lower than 15 minutes of the picture being acquired.
- MLVX Applied sciences Inc., Vancouver, British Columbia (150,000) – Construct a technique to systematically and methodically quantify the carbon dioxide (CO2) degree current at ground-elevation utilizing hyperspectral information. Present the knowledge required for the governments and personal entities akin to farmers to trace their carbon footprint and seize the related financial advantages.
- NextGen Environmental Analysis Inc., Winnipeg, Manitoba ($499,946.71) – Develop a industrial capability to observe freshwater lake ice hazards from area utilizing satellite tv for pc radar and distribution of ice hazard maps to consumer’s cell telephones and desktop computer systems in close to actual time.
- SkyWatch Area Functions Inc., Waterloo, Ontario ($500,000) – Develop a state-of-the-art cloud-enabled cataloging, ordering, looking, processing, distribution and collaboration platform for EO information, catering to the distinctive wants of enormous organizations and governments.
- The Arctic Eider Society, Sanikiluaq, Nunavut ($500,000) – Develop an enhanced model of the SIKU Ice Map to determine persistent hazards within the landfast ice and set the groundwork for the first-ever Indigenous-trained machine studying algorithm that delivers EO derived merchandise at scale for the good thing about northern delivery, sea ice journey security and local weather change analysis.
- Vertex Skilled Providers Ltd., Sherwood Park, Alberta ($299,998.20) – Help Vertex and the T’Sou-ke Nation SNA-QUA Centre in co-developing new environmental options related to Indigenous and coastal communities by analyses of Earth Remark (EO) large information.
- Xona Area Techniques Canada Inc., Vancouver, British Columbia ($495,120) – Allow superior distant sensing and navigation functions from a industrial PNT satellite tv for pc constellation.
Notice: We made this text accessible to all our guests, nevertheless we’d ask that you just please think about subscribing to SpaceQ to entry all our content material.