This previous 12 months has been an uncommon one, however with it got here hope — one thing to embrace and maintain pricey as we look ahead to an excellent higher 12 months forward:
- Hope that we are able to take pleasure in extra time in nature within the coming weeks and months to assist us higher cope;
- Hope that we’ll shield our treasured wildlife, struggle local weather change and guarantee a simply society;
- Hope for a more healthy and extra resilient future for all of us within the new 12 months and for years to return.
2021 has taught us the significance of gratitude and acknowledging those that sacrifice and assist in occasions of want. At Nature Canada, we wish to thank each certainly one of our donors and supporters that stood tall with us. To our many companions, volunteers, funders, and mates, outdated and new, working collectively has been the constructive mild to get us all via these difficult occasions and be sure that nature will proceed to be there for us and future generations. You give us hope.
Regardless of this pandemic, we are able to have fun the next victories and wins this previous 12 months:
- A historic funding in nature! The funding of $3.2 billion introduced within the price range will assist to create and increase protected areas in Canada and shield our land, freshwaters and oceans;
- Safety campaigns for the Deepsea Oasis on the West coast, the Grasslands in Saskatchewan and Alberta, and Boreal Forests and Watershed round James Bay in Ontario. Important habitats for numerous species in danger just like the Pronghorn Antelope, Burrowing Owl, Grizzly bears, Woodland Caribou, Blue Whale and lots of others;
- Opposition of proposed coal mines in Alberta and British Columbia. An especially necessary step to scale back greenhouse fuel emissions and selenium air pollution of waterways in addition to higher safety for Grizzly and Bighorn Sheep habitats.
- There at the moment are extra Hen Pleasant Cities than ever! Together with Vancouver, Toronto, London, and Calgary. Hen staff volunteers in cities all throughout Canada are working collectively to take conservation actions in order that birds can survive and thrive of their cities.
Regardless of having to pivot to new methods of making certain connectedness and fostering a way of group, each certainly one of you has performed a essential function to guard wild areas, save wildlife, and restore nature.