By Andrea Howard
Sea Management host Andrea Howard talks with CDR BJ Armstrong and Capt. John Freymann about their new e book, Creating the Naval Thoughts. CDR Armstrong and Capt. Freymann are each Everlasting Navy Professors at the US Naval Academy, and the dialog covers how their time in Unrestricted Line communities influenced the e book, in addition to the syllabus within the e book and their strategies for studying and writing.
1. Creating the Naval Thoughts, by CDR BJ Armstrong and Capt. John Freymann, U.S. Naval Institute Press, 2021.
2. “Cheer Up!! There Is No Naval Battle Faculty,” by Capt. William Sims, USNI Proceedings, Could, 1916.
3. “Rattling Exec,” by LCDR Stuart Landersman, 1965
4. “Navy Conservatism,” by RADM William Sims, USNI Proceedings, March 1922.
5. Sea Management 241 – The Way forward for Navy and Marine Corps Studying with John Kroger, by Andrea Howard, CIMSEC, April 15, 2021.
Andrea Howard is Co-Host of the Sea Management podcast. Contact the podcast workforce at [email protected].
This episode was edited and produced by Alexia Bouallagui.